Netgear EX7500 Extender Setup
Learn how to setup Netgear EX7500 Extender X4S AC2200 using the WPS method:
- Connect the Netgear Nighthawk EX7500 extender to the power source.
- Place the WIFI router and EX7500 in the same room.
- Wait for the power led to turn solid blue, to begin the setup.
- Now press the WPS button of Netgear AC2200 and on the router.
- You will now see both devices’ WPS lights will begin to blink.
- If you have all solid white light on the Nighthawk X4s is lit it means your booster is successfully connected with your router.
- Unplug the extender and plug it in where you have a weak WIFI spot at your home or office.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, the first time you hit the WPS button, your extender will attempt to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band. If your extender failed to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it could cause a slew of problems during the Netgear Nighthawk Extender setup.
How to configure my Netgear EX7500 WIFI range extender AC2200?
- For the initial setup, connect your Netgear EX7500 to the power outlet.
- Power on your AC2200 EX7500 extender.
- And wait until the Power LED turns solid blue.
- Now, connect any WIFI device, such as a laptop or tablet, to the “NETGEAR EXT” network.
- Open a web browser and type in mywifiext.net on the address bar.
- You are now on the Netgear EX7500 extender setup page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your booster to the existing WIFI network.
If you are still unable to configure your Netgear Nighthawk EX7500 AC2200 Extender, please contact our certified expert.
For more information and troubleshooting:
Netgear EX7500 Extender AC2200 | Firmware Update
- Open any internet browser from a PC or smartphone that is attached to the Netgear EX7500 extender network.
- And type in www.mywifiext.net in the website area of the internet browser.
- The Netgear AC2200 login page will pop up on the screen.
- Now type in the admin user name and password and tap on the “LOG IN” option.
- You will now see the Menu option on the genie screen, tap on it.
- And then click on the “Firmware Update” option.
- Tap on the “CHECK ONLINE” option.
- Whether the latest firmware is ready to update, follow instructions to upgrade the firmware of your Netgear EX7500 Wi-Fi range extender.