Netgear EX7000 Setup
The Netgear EX7000 wifi range extender able to boost your existing wireless connection wherever you plug, thanks to the great feature of its dual-band wireless connection. With the Netgear range extender, there was nowhere on our office floor where signal dropped below three bars. The Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 Wi-Fi extender is one of the best Wireless boosters for big homes. EX700 features a dual-band connection with maximum downloading and uploading speeds up to 1800 Mbps, it can easily surpass every other wireless extender of its range by a great margin.
You will get 5 Ethernet slots at the backside of the Netgear EX7000 wireless extender, ideal for plugging in a gaming console, home entertainment system, smart tv’s or desktop computer directly into the range extender for a more stable and secure connection. There is also a USB 3.0 Slot to turn the Wi-Fi extender into a small network media equipment or a print server.
Two Wi-Fi bands are supported in Netgear AC1900 EX7000 range extender, which spread out over 2 and 5GHz network connection, the 2.4GHz is used for the devices which don’t always need a high-speed connection and only need a maximum of 600Mbps, while the 5GHz connection is excellent for the gadgets in the home that need high speeds, such as gaming consoles, desktop computers, and TV-based devices.
Netgear EX7000 Extender Setup | AC1900
Here are steps for installing Netgear EX7000 as a wifi extender:
- Use a wired or wireless link to connect your device to the EX7000.
- The Device to Extender LED will turn solid green once attached.
- In the address bar, select www.mywifiext.net.
- Pick NEW EXTENDER SETUP from the drop-down menu.
- Select NEXT after completing the Extender Setup screen.
Pick WiFi Range Extender from the drop-down menu.
- Select Next after choosing the Wi-Fi network you want to expand.
- Select Next after entering your network key or password.
- Your Wi-Fi Range Extender’s SSID and password can be changed, or you can simply use the same network password. To save the settings, click Next.
- Link your wireless devices to the EX7000 SSID after saving the settings, then press Continue.
- The extender has now been wired to your current Wi-Fi network successfully. To continue, click Next.
- To receive product support, software upgrade alerts, and details on new products, complete the product registration form. After you’ve finished filling out the form, press Finish.
The EX7000 has now been set up as a Wi-Fi range extender. You can also connect wired devices like games consoles, Smart TVs, and desktop computers to its Ethernet ports.
Netgear AC1900 Setup | Extreme Range and Performance
- High-speed dual band WiFi speed – up to 1800Mbps.
- The 1GHz Dual-core processor provides maximum WiFi performance.
- High power amplifiers for maximum range.
- External antennas for max coverage.
- FastLane technology raises Wi-Fi performance using both bands.
Netgear EX7000 Setup | Features
- 5 Ethernet slots to plug wired gadgets like game consoles and smart TVs.
- Access Point feature creates a hotspot connection using an Ethernet connection.
- USB port for up to 20x faster access to your stored media.
- DLNA server to play your media on TVs and game consoles.
- Access scheduling for parental controls.
THE SPECIFICATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
AC1900 WiFi Range Extender (EX7000)
Quick start guide
Do More booklet
Three (3) detachable external antennas
Dimensions: 9.92 x 6.85 x 1.22 in (252 x 174 x 31 mm)
Weight: 1.44 lb (654 g)
EASE OF USE
CD-less setup—great for mobile devices
Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup® (WPS)
Power on/off button
WiFi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK) and WEP
2.4GHz and 5GHz 803.12 a/d/e/n/ac Wireless modem or router
Microsoft edge® Internet Explorer® 8.0, Firefox® 20 or Safari® 5.1 or Google Chrome 25.0 browsers or higher version
Doesn’t extend the WiFi name, meaning you’re forced to connect to another network, not just keep working off the one you were using already