Netgear EX6150 Extender Setup as an Access Point
How to configure Netgear EX6150 Extender Setup as Access Point to increase Wi-Fi signals. Steps are given below:
- Plug the Netgear EX6150 power cable into an electric socket.
- Wait until the Power light stays solid green.
- Now, Set the slide switch toward the Access point on EX6150.
- Connect Netgear AC1200 wifi repeater to your existing Router using the Cat5 (LAN) cable.
- Turn on your laptop or computer and go in the settings then search for wifi name as NETGEAR 2.4EXT and NETGEAR 5GEXT.
- Open a browser like google chrome, firefox, safari and search on the top of the address bar for www.mywifiext.net.
- Now carefully, Follow the on-screen instructions
- Once all is done, you will see Ex6150 wifi extender is Successfully connected as an access point.
Netgear EX6150 AC1200 setup using access point is done or if you are still facing issues to setup as an access point visit mywifiext.net support team, they will assist you and fix your problem.
Troubleshooting for the following Extender’s are below :
Netgear EX6150 AC1200 Extender Setup VIA Fastlane
With Fastlane technology mode, you can use both wireless bands to create a single, super-fast connection that’s perfect for HD streaming and gaming. Fastlane technology makes performance better but it allows limited connections.
Netgear EX6150 WiFi Extender setup using fastlane mode:
- Open a internet browser (make sure its connected to extender network) (Netgear_EXT)
- Type www.mywifiext.net
- Now login to Netgear Genie wizard using username and password
- Select the main menu option you will see many options there
- Search for Fastlane technology
- Fastlane technology displays two radio buttons
- To enable FastLane Technology, pick one of the following radio buttons.
- Click on Apply button
If you are disconnected, do the same steps to reconnect your Wi-Fi device with the new settings to your existing wifi network.
Netgear AC1200 EX6150 Mesh extender setup using WPS push button
- Plug your extender and router to the power outlet.
- Place the Netgear AC1200 Extender near your wifi router
- Now, Push the WPS button on the EX6150, It will starts blinking WPS LED.
- Then Press WPS setup button on the router within two minutes
- Once it is connected WPS light will stay green on the Netgear AC1200 Extender.
Note: If the router LED light is turn on then its means your extender is connected to the router
- Now you can unplug it and place it at your desired location.
- Connect your wifi enabled device to Netgear EX6150 AC1200 extender network
- Now use the same password as you set for your existing wifi router password